Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oscar Fashion!

I have to admit, I love fashion! So I thought I would share some thoughts on the latest red carpet wows from the Academy Awards. Here are my top 5:


5. Helen Mirren in George Chakra



This stunning cranberry gown complements her curves without begging the question of age. Every time she hits the red carpet she does it with grace and style...can you believe shes 62! wow!



4. Amy Adams in Proenza Schouler


Love the dress, love the color! Great choice for her complexion and hair color. Proenza Schouler recently designed a line for Target, which apparently is the IN thing for designers to do these days. All of which I thought was thoroughly "crap-tastic"! I had high hopes, yet they were dashed. So the wonder of Proenza Schouler will only be on the backs of those not shopping at a local big-box discounter. bummer.


3. Renee Zellweger in Carolina Herrera


Renee slinks along the red carpet in the slit-up-to-there, sliver wower. Carolina seems to have followed her muse, Renee, yet again to the event. My only negative on her styling would be that she looks very very hungry. Someone should feed her. I have to admit, I love the glitz with the silver!


2. Katherine Heigl in Escada


Katherine is a fetching member of "team red" this year with her chic Escada gown. Lovely lines, and fabulous color highlight her many enviable assets. Unfortunately, the hair and make up have gone terribly terribly wrong. Her typically dewy skin is buried under what seems like industrial spackle. Surprisingly she was able to "say cheese" without any noticeable cracking.


1. Heidi Klum in Galliano


Heidi has not only proved to the world that she knows fashion, but lucky for us has also lent her wisdom to those in need on "Project Runway".... and for this, Heidi, we are all in your debt. But on to the subject at hand, the dress. What I love most about the ensemble is that it is both elegant and old-school Hollywood glam at the same time. I'm in awe!

Images: thanks to msn.com

1 comment:

torlina880 said...

We definately loved the red carpet show. Loved Katherine in her red dress and her old-hollywood hairstyle. Very chic. Also loved Renee's dress, but were confused by her hairstyle/cut. At times, even she didn't seem to know how to make it work as she made her way down the red carpet. Also loved Heidi's dress. Very elegant.